Monday, October 26, 2009

Day 2 - Tjobbes Couch, Banbury, October 26th

Rise and Shine!
wow, what a night...
Was the last, and I mean LAST person to get my luggage last night, waited about 40 minutes for it all...
Thing is, I checked one bag in Chicago, and the other at the gate as I was boarding in Dublin, yet, they still came off together... Odd....
but anyway, after that, took a rather long (we got lost) and eventful (got lost again) drive to Banbury and met up with the Wilkinson family. (Insert cup of tea #1 here) Had Chinese (nothing like some good American food to make you feel at home!) and spent most of the evening being stared at my my non-blinking 2 year old cousin... Creepy!
Got to Tjobbe at around 9pm (insert cup of tea #2) and chatted for a while about plans, phones, where to sleep, and where beer is kept!
Nice to have a place to rest my wee head, even if it is a sleeper couch, it was more comfortable than any airport lounge chair or plane seat. And having my quilt from when I was a little girl sent over by Unkle Terry and my Max bear (complete with authentic 'Max' smell) really helped...
Slept like a log and only woke up when Tjobbe came through this morning to go to work. (tea#3)
Plans for the day, get a job, have more tea (4,5,6), and talk to Max.
Hopefully going to UT tonight :)

Watch this space

LD

1 comment:

  1. How is it going now?
    Would love to read an update on here?
    As a little motivation I am sending you some sunshine, which you can find on my blog
    Just in case you are wondering, it's still me, Thea, I just changed my blogname. :)

    ReplyDelete