Monday, October 26, 2009

Day one, October 25, Dublin Airport, Ireland

What a mix up of emotions. Feeling many, many things right now, other than heartache, I have ugly nausea and a splitting headache.
The flight was hell, even though I was moved to a row all by myself, I still could not relax. Ended up being sick twice - joy! Couldn't eat dinner, had tomato sauce (pasta sauce) on both options - "chicken or beef?!" - so I ate the rice, the bread and butter and the cheese and crackers. Nibbled at the 'cheesecake' and then tried to sleep - unsuccessfully, might have managed a couple of hours, but not without constant waking and getting very uncomfortable, it was SO cold on that plane, wow!
Breakfast - a croissant with ham and cheese, no sooner smelt it than had to make a rather fast and unfortunate dash to the loo, ugh - again...
we arrived early in Dublin, around 6:30am, and I tried to change my ticket to an earlier flight, but it would have cost me 100 Euros - Uhm, no!
So, right now, I am sitting at Dublin airport, and I have another 5 hours (out of a total of 9!) left before I fly off, so, just under 4 hours before we start getting boarding calls...
Going to carry on reading 'Prayers for Owen Meany', thanks Max...

Watch this space

LD

No comments:

Post a Comment